Prof. Urban Ungerstedt, Med Dr
- Med Dr 1971 from Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
- Professor of Neuropharmacology at Karolinska Institute 1978-2005
- Member and eventually Chairman of the Nobel Prize Assembly 1986 – 2005.
- Professor emeritus at Karolinska institute
- Published more than 400 scientific publications. One of the most cited scientists in Neuroscience worldwide for more than 40 years.
- Inventor of the Microdialysis method, the gold standard for monitoring the biochemistry and pharmacology of living tissue in man and animal.