Senior Product Manager, Marketing
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
The primary focus for the Senior Product Manager, Marketing, is ownership of the position and success of the company’s broader product portfolio in the marketplace as measured by commitments to our annual plan in terms of revenue and margin attainment. This ownership will span the entire product development life cycle to include both upstream and downstream marketing activities.
From a downstream perspective, the Senior Product Manager, Marketing, will be responsible for product launch planning and execution, including but not limited to market segmentation, targeting, product positioning, key messaging, pricing, profitability and campaign development for all products within the segment. In addition, this role will drive strategies for the entire IRRAS product portfolio and will collaborate with the cross-functional product team ensuring Voice of Customer (VOC) is heard.
The Senior Product Manager, Marketing, will also retain ownership of the marketing design inputs (MDI) for all of the company’s new products and line extensions. This ownership includes product definition, feature prioritization, global VOC input, market research and intelligence, and all marketing design control obligations that are aligned with the global sales team. Once these inputs are defined, this role will own the development and execution of the global launch plans for all product launches.
In this role, this individual will also lead and influence small teams that build marketing strategies beyond the standalone product and begin to create marketing strategies that comprise product(s), clinical data, reimbursement and market access strategies that expand success in the marketplace.
This position has responsibility for departmental budgeting and measurement to plan. This position must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and will interact on a regular basis with QA/RA, Clinical Affairs, Global Marketing, Global Sales, Customers, and Senior Leadership.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop, own, and execute the 3-Year strategic downstream marketing plan in close collaboration with Sales Leadership and other relevant stakeholders
- Create and execute innovative marketing plans and programs to meet product (channel), segment and overall corporate objectives
- Enable and support global sales success as measured by the annual plan, including goal setting, prioritization, execution of programs and career development.
- Develop and execute a balanced marketing mix including but not limited to advertising, promotion, pricing, collateral materials, professional meetings/trade shows, market research, sales and clinician training and public relations.
- Serve as In-house marketing contact to provide technical information and support for the global sales force on products and competition
- Nurture working relationships with key thought leaders (KTLs) to provide direction and drive reference sites, communications, research, podium / tradeshow plan
- Collect and analyze information on competitive product offerings, including features, benefits, pricing, regulatory, clinical and marketing status and own competitive marketing as needed.
- Analyze and report on sales data and sales trends for assigned product line and all competitive products within the category, identifying variance to plan and where needed, driving plans to course correct.
- Develop, own, and execute the strategic marketing launch plan for all new product introductions.
- Enable and support Research & Development throughout the product development process
- Collect, implement and maintain global voice of customer (VOC) feedback to guide product development activities.
- Lead clinical data strategies through ideation, into launch and execution to maximize product/portfolio growth and profitability and increase market access
- Lead cross functional teams and support global colleagues to execute and measure product and campaign launches
- Lead small teams on cross-business unit/group solutions to deliver stronger portfolio performance.
- Own all marketing deliverables identified in the design control process, including launch forecasting and retirement plans.
- Nurture working relationships with global key thought leaders (KTLs) to provide product and portfolio direction and research.
- Manage project budgets and quickly analyze data to determine ROI on marketing programs and modify programs accordingly.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in marketing, business, biological/clinical science, or engineering, MBA preferred, with a minimum of ten (10) years of medical device/medical products sales and marketing experience.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of the medical environment to effectively respond to market concerns and provide technical support for products.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to competently represent the Company at professional functions and customer meetings
- Proficient software skills across all standard programs
- Decisive and autonomous leader who is able to set priorities for team that are consistent with the priorities of the business.
- A healthy disdain for the status quo, and a willingness to question existing practices to identify better alternatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary
- Sets a standard of ethics and excellence in alignment with the company’s Code of Conduct.
- Acts as an ambassador of professional standards, seeking continuous improvement in ways of working to drive greater efficiency and purpose.
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing, agile environment where continuous innovation is a requisite to success.