This role reports to Chief Commercial Officer and is responsible for driving international sales growth and managing the direct sales and distribution management team outside of the United States for IRRAS’ IRRAflow product line.
- Identify the initial international target markets for IRRAflow and develop individualized strategic launch plans that are catered to the differences in each market.
- Possess intimate knowledge of distributor contractual agreements and differences between direct and distributor sales organizations. Effectively negotiate terms of distributor agreements and make recommendations on commercial strategies in future markets.
- Develop the incentive compensation plan and distributor commission structure for the international sales organization.
- Develop and closely monitor the sales cycle timeline with emphasis on market prioritization, distributor identification, launch cadence, patient selection, KOL identification, physician training, and distributor support.
- Develop an international sales forecast broken out by individual market and work closely with marketing and manufacturing to ensure that expectations are clearly defined and exceeded.
- Determine the budget needs to drive international growth of the IRRAflow brand through the development of a strategic and tactical sales plan.
- Develop standards, process, and metrics to evaluate performance and measure productivity and ROI. Strategically mointor these metrics for each international market to determine effectiveness of each distributor partner.
- Work with marketing and other functions to develop a customer training and product marketing program that is tailored to meet the specific needs of each individual market.
- Determine downstream needs for sales support, including product literature, clinical data, competitive analysis, trade show and lead generation, ongoing publication strategies, and product samples. Tailor these needs accordingly, based on differences in each international market.
- Execute the launch plan by providing direction and training to direct team members and distributors regarding product introductions/overviews and in-services for customers.
- Constantly work to build relationships with distributors and key customer targets within a region, keeping them informed of company direction, new products, supply/inventory, and pricing trends.
- Monitor competitive activity across each global market by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, existing and new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. Adjust strategy in different countries accordingly, and share pertinent information with other members of Commercial Team.
- Collect and supplement ongoing feedback from distributors and internationally-based direct sales employees and recommend changes in products, services, and policy by evaluating results and competitive marketplace developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by on-the-job training, attending applicable conferences and educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and by participating in professional societies.
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales quota.
- 60% travel to support the region, with role preferably based in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Other duties may be assigned on an individual basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience selling medical devices; neurosurgical products preferred.
- Experience leading global sales organizations is required.
- Experience in start-up organizations and launching early stage technologies is required.
- A thorough knowledge of high-tech medical device market, products, and customer base.
- Proven track record of strong sales performance.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel).
- Refined ability to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills (bilingual a plus).
- Possession of key competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, organization and decision-making.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; feel and reach with hands and arms. Transition from standing and sitting often.
- Required specific vision abilities might include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee might occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily exposure to PCs and networks.
- Work includes potential exposure to human bloodborne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials.
- Travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are interested in applying for employment with IRRAS and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department by email HR@irras.com.