- The role will report to the Sr. Director, Human Capital and provide support to Human Resources with financial responsibility for all transactions associated with payroll processes. The ideal candidate will have combined experience in Finance and HR and be able to prioritize and focus on multiple projects while possessing integrity and confidentiality.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and securely handle sensitive material, with all levels of management, in a professional manner
- Support HR on all recruitment activity to include setting up interviews and assisting with the onboarding process
- Execute updates to distribution lists and organizational charts
- Assist in planning of company events
- Process and maintain employment data/records in HRIS applications and/or hard copies related to pre-employment, on-boarding, status change and termination activities
- Support HR-related programs and projects
- Process bimonthly payroll for approximately 30-50 employees
- Maintain accurate mandatory and voluntary deductions, deferrals and withholdings (income tax, garnishments, benefit contributions) for all employees
- Set up and maintain tax and UI accounts for multiple US states and ensure payroll software has updated information
- Review benefit contributions each pay period
- Set-up new employees in electronic timecard and payroll applications
- Process and calculate pay for new hires, pay changes and terminations
- Review and reconcile electronic timesheets for accurate hours, OT, holiday and PTO entry
- Transfer data from electronic timecard to payroll application and review for accuracy
- Assist benefits administration with benefit enrollment and annual renewals
- Maintain accurate payroll reporting records
- Work with payroll company to manage year-end employee W-2s
- Assist outside accounting firm with preparation of 1099s
- Prepare reports
- Minimum 5 years of overall relevant experience, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- 5-8 years providing HR support; professional payroll and bookkeeping experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information with discretion
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills, ability to lead by influence, and design and improve administrative processes
- Experience interacting and coordinating multiple responsibilities and functions
- Must work well under pressure, be an independent thinker, and have track record of working in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, HRIS systems, Office Management Set-up, Req to Pay, Concur, cloud-based storage solutions (i.e, Microsoft OneDrive), Outlook, payroll and accounting software and electronic timesheet software
- Current knowledge of Federal and California non-exempt pay standards including minimum wage, overtime and meal/rest periods
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple requests and various projects, when responsiveness and follow through are critical
- Sound presentation, writing and reporting skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Team oriented and self-motivated
- Performance Orientation – Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in IRRAS Department goals and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
- Impact Orientation – Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and patients’ lives.
- Competitive – Dedicated to a competitive spirit that supports the IRRAS goal to be the premier Medical Device company in the industry.
- Sense of Urgency – Has the speed and agility dedicated to the company’s goals and performance.
- Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity – Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Confidence – Confident in one’s skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Multitasking – Capable of performing multiple tasks over a certain period of time by executing them concurrently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Transition from standing and sitting often.
- Required specific vision abilities might include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.