This role is a unique opportunity to join a growth stage innovative medical device company as it increases adoption of a transformational disruptive technology in the neurocritical care space. Primary responsibility of this role will be to manage the company’s materials and related processes, strategically evaluating supplier capacity while tactically delivering customer requirements to enable a consistent revenue stream.
IRRAS is looking for an individual that embodies our corporate value of filitomia which means; Honor, Respect, Team before self, Better together, Sense of purpose, Empathy and Care.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Materials Manager Position is viewed as a highly influential job in company, with broad impact on the corporate objectives and revenue success. This role is responsible for planning and purchasing all production finished good materials, components, supplies, R&D material, and services. This position adeptly considers Sales and Marketing input, market and industry conditions, Supplier performance, inventory position, product expiration dates, material lead time, and company strategy to ensure predictable product availability that satisfies all customer needs. The Materials Manager shall function as a key interface with IRRAS Suppliers, Contract Manufacturers, Distribution Partners, and internal Quality, Engineering, and Sales & Marketing Organizations. This job requires the Candidate be fiscally diligent and directly accountable for all FDA, business risk management, and Quality Policy compliance in their functional area.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- Exhibits balance and poise in all circumstances
- Makes decisions that are data driven, compliant, and best for both the company and its customers
- Experience and know-how with enterprise Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system(s)
- Prefers and demonstrates performance acumen consistent with a fast paced Medical Device company
- Highly capable of developing, documenting, implementing, and exercising manual business processes which are scalable to enterprise levels.
- Performs material planning and scheduling for IRRAS products, coordinating closely with suppliers to manufacture and maintain optimal inventory levels both internally and at field inventory locations.
- Purchases production materials, R&D materials, supplies, equipment, and service.
- Effectively communicates with suppliers to obtain quotations, place orders, implement change orders, follow up on relevant actions, expedite orders when appropriate, ensure parts are the ordered and maintained at the correct revision level, manage invoicing, and aid in the resolution of Supplier discrepancies.
- Determines fiscally and customer optimum shipping methods of goods, schedules distribution, transportation conveyances, prepares bills of lading, and international shipping documents.
- Owns and maintains the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) business process for schedule integrity and actively adjusts the plan to achieve requirements.
- Provides exceptional customer service and business relationship management to internal and external customers
- Communicates constructively with internal stakeholders including Quality, Finance, Regulatory, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing Departments.
- Exercises judgement to maximize product margins
- Manages the implementation of material, component, and product change orders affecting inventory, e.g phase, cut in, rework, and scrap
- Authors and ensures MRP related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and their associated forms are accurate and reflect current business practices.
- May perform additional duties as assigned or directed by management from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a relevant technical discipline or the equivalent combination of related education and experience
- 7+ years relevant operations experience, preferably in the Medical Device Industry
- Working knowledge of best practice Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), MRP, and purchasing processes
- Broad working knowledge of electrical and mechanical parts and processes
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications
- Savvy with Purchase Order terms & conditions and Supply Agreements
- Demonstrated proficiency with the MS Office Application Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept analytical skills to make quantitative projections with an eye for detail and the ability to spot inconsistencies
HIGHLY DESIREABLE SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge of best practice Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), MRP, and purchasing processes
- ISO 13485
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- (Program Management Professional) PMP certification or equivalent
- APICS certification
- Effective negotiating skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Transition from standing and sitting often.
- Required specific vision abilities might include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee might occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment.
- Daily exposure to PCs and networks.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 10%-15% travel may be required for face to face interaction with Suppliers, predominately domestic
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are interested in applying for employment with IRRAS and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department by email HR@irras.com.