The Neurocritical Education Specialist will function within the commercial division of the IRRAS organization to support the product launch and training for the IRRAflow and Hummingbird ICP product families. This role’s primary responsibility will be to support the achievement of the company’s defined sales revenue targets by providing world class education, training, and product support to neurosurgeons, neurointensivists, and neurocritical nurses. The Neurocritical Education Specialist shall use his/her neurocritical nursing experience, clinical acumen, and deep IRRAS product knowledge to provide the needed world class product and clinical education that helps drive revenue growth.
A close working relationship with sales management and Territory Managers is required with this role to ensure that appropriate training is provided to targeted accounts at various stages of the product launch process. This collaborative relationship shall work to assess the technical/clinical needs of the customer and develop a tailored training education plan, which will then evolve regularly after ongoing review of the account’s progress.
In addition, the Neurocritical Education Specialist will play a key role after a successful product launch to ensure that refresher training is provided at appropriate intervals. Additionally, this role will work closely with Territory Managers to support case coverage and to address any key customer questions or clinical objections that may arise.
This individual shall be viewed internally on intracranial bleeding, intracranial pressure monitoring, and other elements of neurocritical care that impact the IRRAS business. In addition to customer education support, this individual shall assist in the development of technical and clinical competencies of the IRRAS team of Territory Managers, Country Managers, and Clinical Specialists. Additionally, this individual’s expertise shall be regularly relied upon to provide input during the development of impactful marketing and education collateral and during the product development process.
- Execute training programs and help to develop continually improving training materials under supervision of the Director of Marketing and Director of Training & Education, International;
- Works closely with IRRAS sales professionals to drive product adoption and sales growth in target accounts. Assist Territory Managers with sales presentations and comprehensive education within the neurocritical care unit;
- Support business objectives, inspire enthusiasm and confidence in product use and uptake, and increase the customer’s clinical understanding of IRRAS’ products;
- Develops & executes clinical education programs for priority/target accounts that will promote knowledge, increase product utilization and increase account revenue;
- Provides field support for product and/or clinical questions from IRRAS counterparts and customers;
- Acts as a liaison with key physicians and nurses in the ICU regarding clinical needs, patient management direction, and effectiveness of products;
- Play a vital role in training new users and covering patient treatments to ensure appropriate patient outcomes during direct account launches and new market introductions by distribution partners;
- Improve the competence and effectiveness of the field representatives, as well as distributor training and sales support personnel, by delivering programs based on their needs and ensuring that knowledge standards are achieved and documented;
- Gain product-related new information and feedback from the surgeons and sales forces;
- Participates actively in national neuroscience professional organizations to increase the company’s visibility and credibility;
- Acts as a field resource to the Marketing Department during product development, new product introductions, and product promotions;
- Maintains high level of clinical, market and product knowledge;
- Operate with passion, high visibility, and respected voice within the organization as expert that company’s products, training materials, and marketing collateral meet the needs of neurocritical care customer base;
- Operates within defined budgets and strictly with in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures.
- May perform additional duties as assigned or directed by management from time to time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN) or Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification strongly preferred
- Experience with ICU neuroscience patients, including leading training programs
- Must have a working knowledge of intracranial pressure (ICP) monitoring, traumatic brain injury, and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) drainage products in the ICU setting
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Highly flexible lifestyle that enables travel approximately 50% of the month
- Strong skills in developing and delivering presentations (in lab, PowerPoint, individual training), solid knowledge of MS Office package
- Experience interacting and coordinating multiple functions
- Fluent in English with demonstrated competency in effective communication
- Team oriented & self-motivated
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and manage a high performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to lead, influence, create and work within cross-functional team environments.
- Assertive, take-charge, proven manager with a strong results orientation, positive “can do” attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Performance Orientation – Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in IRRAS Department goals and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
- Impact Orientation – Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and patients’ lives.
- Competitive – Dedicated to a competitive spirit that supports the IRRAS goal to be the premier Medical Device company in the industry.
- Sense of Urgency – Has the speed and agility dedicated to the company’s goals and performance.
- Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity – Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Confidence – Confident in one’s skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Multitasking – Capable of performing multiple tasks over a certain period of time by executing them concurrently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Transition from standing and sitting often.
- Required specific vision abilities might include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee might occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment.
- Daily exposure to PCs and networks.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel will be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are interested in applying for employment with IRRAS please apply here.