Responsible for all day-to-day commercial activities in the Nordics region, reporting into the VP International Sales. Incumbent is the expert in their territory in terms of market assessments and marketing strategies and execution. Partners with sales & marketing departments, physicians, nursing staff, distributors and other stakeholders. Develops and implements a business plan to establish, grow, support, and retain business within Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia. Responsible for sales and customer management, sales support, training, and collaborative planning & reporting to the headquarters.
- Understands the neurosurgical market, local customers and stakeholders and has the ability to develop a market assessment strategy for existing and future neurosurgical products.
- Cooperates closely with colleagues in the International Headquarters (Sales, Clinical, Product Management, Marketing Communication, Event Management) on defined projects focusing on the establishment and execution of local sales activities.
- Establishes local channels in terms of sales, sales support and customer service functions, communicate with health authorities (e.g. on pricing and reimbursement) to enable the successful implementation of plans and obtain substantial market approach.
- Introduces new products to the market, implements product launch plans and ensures local realization of international marketing plans for IRRAS’ products throughout their life-cycle in close collaboration with the headquarters.
- Provides analyses of market opportunities and risks, competitors, development trends by having communication processes in place with all stakeholders in the region so that so that an effective market introduction can be planned and implemented.
- Ensures appropriate market budget planning and sales forecasting. Provides feedback on international product management plans.
- Focuses on market access, establishes relationships with leading clinicians and neurocritical nursing staff. Represents IRRAS at congresses, conventions, workshops and other public events.
- Responsible for assigned countries to include Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree; medical or nursing background preferred.
- 10+ years commercial experience with medical devices in Scandinavia/Nordics.
- Knowledge of neurological anatomy and recent neurosurgical techniques & therapies.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills (one or more Scandinavian language a plus).
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and manage a high performance plan and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to lead, influence, create and work within cross-functional environment.
- Assertive, take-charge, proven manager with a strong results orientation, positive “can do” attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Performance Orientation – Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in IRRAS Department goals and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
- Impact Orientation – Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and patients’ lives.
- Competitive – Dedicated to a competitive spirit that supports the IRRAS goal to be the premier Medical Device company in the industry.
- Sense of Urgency – Has the speed and agility dedicated to the company’s goals and performance.
- Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity – Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Confidence – Confident in one’s skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Multitasking – Capable of performing multiple tasks over a certain period of time by executing them concurrently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Transition from standing and sitting often.
- Required specific vision abilities might include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee might occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment.
- Daily exposure to PCs and networks.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel will be required.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above representative those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are interested in applying for employment with IRRAS please apply here