As a member of the Finance department, Staff accountant reports to Controller and is responsible for day to day accounting and managing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Accounts Payable tasks include processing vendor bill data and vendor information in the A/P automation system, obtaining and matching supporting documentation, answer internal and external questions on bill status and processing bills for payments. Accounts Receivable tasks include assisting with customer billing and collections.
- Keep a current record of all transactions in the legal entity.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and most month end journal entries
- Responsible for AP, AR and Expense management.
- Support the inventory count and reconciliation process.
- Support other departments as a strong user in the company’s ERP.
- Create invoices according to company practices; submit invoices to customers
- Prepare, post, verify, and record customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Draft correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Controller.
- Create reports regarding current status of customer accounts as requested.
- May perform additional duties as assigned or directed by management from time to time
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Inventory accounting preferred
- Previous experience from working in an advanced ERP system
- Attention to detail as well as big picture view
- Ability to prioritize and meet timelines under pressure while producing accurate results
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and manage a high performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to lead, influence, create and work within cross-functional team environments.
- Strong results orientation, positive “can do” attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Performance Orientation – Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in IRRAS Department goals and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
- Impact Orientation – Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and patients’ lives.
- Competitive – Dedicated to a competitive spirit that supports the IRRAS goal to be the premier Medical Device company in the industry.
- Sense of Urgency – Has the speed and agility dedicated to the company’s goals and performance.
- Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity – Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Confidence – Confident in one’s skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Multitasking – Capable of performing multiple tasks over a certain period of time by executing them concurrently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Transition from standing and sitting often.
- Required specific vision abilities might include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee might occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment.
- Daily exposure to PCs and networks.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel might be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are interested in applying for employment with IRRAS please apply here.