The Warehouse and Logistics Lead shall play an essential and growing role in our customer driven organization that is governed by global medical device standards, e.g. ISO, FDA, and EU regulations. Our business serves critically ill patients, therefore accuracy, on time deliveries, and continuous process improvement are paramount. The Warehouse and Logistics Lead shall be responsible for the planning, coordination and monitoring of warehousing, inventory, parts picking, order consolidation, and global transportation operations.
This role resides within the Operations Function and shall collaboratively work with the Commercial, Manufacturing, Finance, and other Functions to ensure the Supply Chain Function is viewed as a strong and capable partner across the organization. This role shall demonstrate material inventory and global distribution leadership to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded for safety, quality, delivery, financial integrity, and efficient raw & finished good material handling. This position shall oversee direct in-house warehousing and logistics operations and partner with mirrored activities managed by our European third-party logistics (3PL) partner.
This job is charged with striving for excellence by identifying, implementing, and continuously enhancing successful methods & metrics for managing all material handling and global product shipments.
- Demonstrate and strengthen our Filotimia culture
- Favorably interact with colleagues and outside partners
- Maintain safe, clean, and efficient in-house inventory warehouse, shipping and receiving operations
- Remain current with all training records
- Accountable for compliance to all governing and regulatory standards, such as and not limited to: GAAP/IFRS, California Department of Health, ISO 13485:2016, FDA Title 21 CFR Part 820, EU Regulation 2017/745 (MDD/MDR), and other country specific requirements, e.g. ANVISA for Brazil
- Develop and comply with safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and budget metrics
- Ensure transaction compliance for global transportation and distribution operations
- Accurately enter all customer requirements for shipments and processing
- Direct inbound and outbound logistics operations
- Resolve challenges with transportation, logistics, import & export, or customer issues.
- Coordinating reverse logistics functions when necessary
- Track all shipments through to receipt at destination
- Authors and maintains operating procedures for all areas of responsibility
- Packages and prepares product for shipment
- Works with freight forwarders, shipping carriers, and customs to ensure inbound and outbound products are properly scheduled and delivered as committed.
- Ensures all domestic and international distribution forms and packaging information are completed accurately and compliant with local legal requirements for seamless transportation and delivery
- Provides clear and timely communication regarding order and shipment status
- Continuously evaluates, plans, and manages efficient control of allocated space
- Actively contributes to Operations strategies, especially in the areas of warehouse and logistics
- Participates with and contributes to budgeting, planning, and regular business reviews
- Performs quality assurance checks on all products received before stocking or distributing goods
- Ensures warehouse is maintained in an efficient, clean, and safe manner
- Leads warehouse inventory counts
- Reports stock levels to Supervisor
- May perform additional duties as assigned or directed by Management from time to time
- 5-7 years’ experience in warehouse and global logistics
- History of best in class inventory accuracy
- Demonstrated global distribution metric driven success
- Successfully established partnerships with freight forwarders, e.g. USPS, FedEx, DHL and Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Partners
- Compliance to budget
- Strong understanding of forecasting, planning, order management, and global logistics.
- Experience in both large and small to medium sized businesses with the demonstrated ability to scale their operations accordingly
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and manage a high performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to lead, influence, create and work within cross-functional team environments.
- Assertive, take-charge, proven manager with a strong results orientation, positive “can do” attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Performance Orientation – Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in IRRAS Department goals and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
- Impact Orientation – Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and patients’ lives.
- Competitive – Dedicated to a competitive spirit that supports the IRRAS goal to be the premier Medical Device company in the industry.
- Sense of Urgency – Has the speed and agility dedicated to the company’s goals and performance.
- Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity – Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Confidence – Confident in one’s skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Multitasking – Capable of performing multiple tasks over a certain period of time by executing them concurrently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Transition from standing and sitting often.
- Required specific vision abilities might include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee might occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment.
Daily exposure to PCs and networks.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel might be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.