The Warehouse and Fulfillment Manager shall play an essential and growing role in our customer-oriented medical device manufacturing organization. This person shall display a commitment to their internal and our external customers through a dedication to excellence and process innovation. Exceptional warehouse and material management plus cross-functionally assuring all inbound and outbound inter-company, supplier, and customer shipments between our global locations and partners are core aspect of this position.
IRRAS is governed by industry, global medical device standards, and regulatory agencies, e.g., OSHA, CADH, ISO, FDA, EU, TGA, ANVISA, etc. Our business further serves critically ill patients, therefore accuracy, on time deliveries, and continuous process improvement are paramount. This person is the lead for planning, coordinating, monitoring, maintaining a safe work environment, and reporting related to warehouse operations, inventory, parts picking, order verification & fulfillment, distribution, returned materials, global logistics, cost management, metrics, and communication.
This role is a leader within the Operations Organization and shall collaboratively work with the Commercial, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, Program Management, and other Functions to ensure the Warehouse Function earns the respected status of a strong and capable partner. This role shall demonstrate material inventory and global distribution leadership to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded for safety, quality, delivery, financial integrity, and efficient raw & finished good material handling. This position shall manage direct in-house warehousing and logistics operations and oversee a third-party logistics and warehouse partner.
This job is charged with challenging the status quo and continuously striving for excellence by identifying, implementing, and enhancing methods & metrics for managing all material warehousing, handling, and global product shipments.
- Hire, train, develop, and motivate warehouse personnel and staff interacting with the warehouse to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, support production schedules, and meet or exceed commercial expectations when fulfilling orders
- Demonstrate and strengthen our Filotimia culture
- Collaborate effectively with internal colleagues and outside partners
- Maintain a safe, clean, and efficient warehouse, shipping, and receiving operations, e.g., 5S
- Accountable for compliance to all governing and regulatory standards, such as and not limited to: financial reporting, hazardous material shipments, California Department of Health, ISO 13485:2016, FDA Title 21 CFR Part 820, EU Regulation 2017/745 (MDD and MDR), and other country specific requirements, e.g., ANVISA for Brazil
- Remain current with all personal and employee training records and keep current are applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Crafting and executing a warehouse strategy that aligns with and supports key business objectives
- Authors and ensures compliance to warehouse Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Develop and comply with safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and budget metrics
- Understand our customer fulfillment and receiving processes and requirements
- Accountable for inventory accuracy, scrap, and expense management and reporting for all warehouse locations. Works collaboratively with cross-functional warehouse owners, e.g., Quality, Commercial, Manufacturing, and Finance.
- Accurately enters all customer details; provides clear and timely communication regarding order and shipment status; assures customer shipments occur in compliance with device regulatory certifications
- Ensures all domestic and international distribution forms, commercial invoices, and packaging information are completed accurately and compliant with local legal requirements for seamless transportation and delivery
- Direct all inbound and outbound warehouse operations
- Packages and prepares product for shipment
- Resolve challenges with transportation, logistics, import & export, or customer issues.
- Track all shipments through to receipt at destination
- Leads key projects or initiatives supporting process transformation, inventory optimization, continuous Improvement, and other warehouse management improvement activities
- Works with freight forwarders, shipping carriers, and customs to ensure inbound and outbound products are properly scheduled and delivered as committed.
- Provides necessary accounting and financial reporting of transportation freight costs, traffic lanes, department freight cost ownership, etc., follows with recommendations and actions on the means to control and reduce these costs.
- Participates with and contributes to budgeting, planning, and regular business reviews
- Ensures warehouse is maintained in an efficient, clean, and safe manner, e.g., 5S
- Leads cycle counting of in-house material, field stock, and IRRAS owned product at third party locations
- Contributor to the timely management of Returned Material Authorization (RMA) product
- May perform additional duties as assigned or directed by Management from time to time
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in warehouse management, customer order fulfillment, and global logistics and at least three years in supervisory role over hourly staff
- Bachelor’s degree in business, materials management, or a related field. Considerations will be made for a less education when combined with compensating work experience and certification/s.
- Direct experience in materials handling, warehouse management, receiving, global distribution, transportation, and logistics.
- Well versed in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems, especially for order management and fulfillment.
- Creating, growing, and building a highly functional warehouse
- History of achieving best in class inventory accuracy
- Demonstrated global distribution metric driven success
- Successfully establishing and maintaining partnerships with freight forwarders, e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL and Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Partners
- Compliance to budget
- Strong understanding of forecasting, planning, order management, and global logistics.
- Experience in both large and small to medium sized businesses with the demonstrated ability to scale their operations accordingly
- Working knowledge of international shipping of hazardous materials
- Proficiency with the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, VISO and Project.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Exceptional proficiency in the areas of verbal, non-verbal, and written communication, internal and external customer service, and analytical analysis
- Ability to lead, influence, and effectively work within cross-functional teams
- Appreciates that perception is a form of reality
- Strong results orientation, with a positive “can do” attitude and acts with a sense of urgency
- In depth working knowledge of global distribution and warehouse functions, measurement systems (metrics), and continuous process improvement techniques
- Flexibility to work variable shifts and the hours necessary to meet Commercial requirements
- Hands on experience with developing, implementing, and managing distribution center operations
- Able to implement, follow, and comply with operating procedures and best practices
- Works effectively in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment while managing multiple projects
- Extensive experience utilizing Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) Systems
- In depth knowledge of warehouse operations, inventory management, and ERP
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Prior warehouse and global logistics experience in a medical device or biotech industry for both capital and environmentally controlled sterile disposable medical devices.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) Certified in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified in Logistics, Transportation, and Distribution (CLTD) or Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM) Supply Chain Warehouse Certification or the skills, work experience, and willingness to timely obtain these certifications
- Hazardous Material (Lithium Ion Battery) shipment certification with FEDEX or DHL
- In-depth knowledge of material handling systems and warehouse management systems
- Warehouse environmental control and monitoring
- 5S and LEAN Six Sigma background
- Creating and scaling highly functional warehouse operations, inclusive of the systems, tools, racking, labeling, documentation, staff, training, etc.
- Experience with Jeeves ERP System or a comparable system
- Selecting and implementing small to medium scale Warehouse Management (WMS) Systems
- Knowledge of capital equipment and sterile disposable medical device storage, handling, and transporting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee shall stand, walk, use hands & fingers, and reach with hands & arms.
- Transitioning to or from standing and sitting will be normal
- Required specific vision abilities might include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- The employee will lift and/or move packages up to 50 pounds
- The employee will use a ladder
- The employee will operate a pallet jack and fork lift
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm
- Work schedule may require working from home and/or outside the typical warehouse hours to support international time zone colleagues, manufacturing schedules, audits, and other work.
- General office, warehouse, and electronics “white room” manufacturing environment
- Daily exposure to PCs and networks
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Travel is expected to be minimal
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
If this looks like the position for you, apply to our posting by clicking here!